Maternelle / Montessori
On a campus where academic studies, sport and stimulating extracurricular activities are united in a magnificent green setting, Ecole Nouvelle de la Suisse Romande prepares students for key exams and for life beyond school. The individuality of students is respected and their diverse backgrounds are celebrated. Practical experience goes hand in hand with theory.
ENSR welcomes a majority of students who are Swiss but is delighted to welcome foreign students who are looking for a friendly and family environment that can be harder to find in a larger « international » educational structure. The human scale of ENSR, along with its multiculturalism and multilingualism (English is taught from the kindergarden onwards), are major assets that allow all students to gain a rich experience alongside and from their peers.
Our first priority is to enable students to enjoy learning. The quality of teaching is ensured via appropriate class sizes, enthusiastic and experienced teaching staff, effective teaching methods and a sound infrastructure. The very pleasant environement in which ENSR is located allows each student to develop their moral values and to flourish in their studies and in their physical well-being thanks to the many sports activities on offer. Sport plays a major role in student life at ENSR and the campus has many sports fixtures.
A brief overview of what’s on offer at ENSR:
- Complete schooling from Kindergarten (with a Montessori section) to Senior school
- Kindergarten, Primary, Middle School and Senior School programmes in French, in English or bilingual French-English
- Swiss Maturity in French with particular emphasis in English
- International Baccalaureate Diploma programme in French, English or bilingual French-English
- All Alliance française, Cambridge, Goethe-Institut and Cervantes examinations
- Boarding facilities for students of Grade 5 and above, either 5 days or 7 days
- Sports facilities and activities (ski camp, windsurf camp, summer camp, ADISR championships and more)
Ecole Nouvelle de la Suisse Romande is a private educational establishment committed to helping students become responsible individuals in an ever changing global society and in whatever communities they may later live. The School is non-denominational and strives to ensure that the personal beliefs of each student are respected.